Address:15 Beisanhuan East Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
1989-1994, Undergraduate of Medical College of Nantong University, Jiangsu, China
1994-1997, Master student of Capital Medical University, Beijing, China,
2000-2003, PhD student of Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
2001-2005, PhD student of Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
1997-2001, Research Assistant of Xuanwu Hospital, Beijing, China
2006-2010, Career Development Fellow of MRC-LMB, Cambridge, United Kingdom
2010-2016, Senior research scientist of Kings College London, London, United Kingdom
2016 to now, Distinguished Professor of Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing China
Synthetic biology; cancer immunotherapy; liver cancer; exosome engineering; environmental bioremediation
Honors and awards:
1. Macrophage engineering for cancer immunotherapy
2. Exosome engineering for drug delivery
3. Application of ribosome engineering in synthetic cyanophage’s bio-safety module
1. An WL, Jackson RE, Hunter P, Gogel S, Diepen M, Liu K, Meyer MP., Eickholt BJ. Engineering FKBP-Based Destabilizing Domains to Build Sophisticated Protein Regulation Systems. PLoS One, 2015, 10(12): e0145783.
2. An WL, Chin JW.Orthogonal Gene Expression in Escherichia Coli. Methods in Enzymology, 2011, 497: 115-34.
3. Gautier A, Nguyen DP., Lusic H, An WL, Deiters Alexander, Chin JW. Genetically encoded photocontrol of protein localization in mammalian cells. JACS, 2010, 132(12): 4086.
4. Zhao S, Xu W, Jiang W, Yu W, Lin Y, Zhang T, Yao J, Zhou L, Zeng Y, Li H, Li Y, Shi J, An WL, Hancock SM., He F, Qin L, Chin JW, Yang P, Chen X, Lei Q, Xiong Y, Guan KL*. Regulation of cellular metabolism by protein lysine acetylation. Science, 2010, 327: 1000-1004.
5. An WL, Jason W. Chin. Synthesis of orthogonal transcription-translation networks. PNAS, 2009, 106: 8477-8482.